Monday, August 24, 2009

Upcoming Art Events...

So excited! One door closes and another opens. I am so excited to announce that I will be participating in a few arts and crafts events this fall. I am new to this, and pray it all goes well.

Lots of things to consider... what to make, how much to make, what styles.. and its all very time consuming! Its been a challenge for several reasons, one how slow I work, and lack of funds. Things have been interesting since my medical leave began in February this year. I have finally accepted I wont be able to return to work at all. My dreams of going to graduate school have been crushed, and little Kailey is not at home any more. I have been feeling lost and lonely. I feel oh so blessed though, because I can see how God provides things for us.. in his time and often they are a much needed surprise. I am learning to get a lot of enjoyment from doing what I can when I can, but committing to these couple of shows has added some pressure. They are something that I can do, as many of the boutiques only require that I set up the booth, and take it down. My husband Christopher is so good at helping me! I could not do that without him. Its really an ideal situation.

My husband was so sweet this weekend, he found a professional display table at the high school garage sale. Tomorrow he is taking it to a friend of his shop to sand and paint it. He is such a doll. Wow.. setting up a little shop is time consuming to think of display things.. and do it on a small budget.

Here are just a few of the things I have been working on.... My favorite thing coming up is all the twilight inspired jewelry and stuff I have in the works. I have ordered many lions, wolves, apples and hearts... and they are intertwined with my graphics... check back for those soon. Please feel free to comment if you have suggestions for setting up a booth on a practically nil budget... or words of inspiration.


Here is where you can find me in September...




zebralinkbutton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work has done congratulations....
nice job...



Janny

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

DancingPrincessDesigns said...

Beautiful work, Mikel! I didn't know you were an artist! Simply gorgeous and best wishes for your shows!